When you see "Tasks" it makes you think you may have to jump through hoops to earn anywhere from $0.25 - $1.00. Not So. Tasks are easy.
(**Photo above shows: Learn A Fact & Take A Polle are done. Watch A Video is not completed as of yet)
1. Take a poll: Click on the round button to take a poll. Click on the tab below that says "Take a poll" check one of the boxes of the questions & your done! Thats IT!
2. Watch a short video: Click on the round button & Watch a short Video. Thats IT! They are about 30 seconds long, if that.
3. Learn Fact: Click on the round button and that's it. There is a sentence or two explaining what the product is or does. Click on the tab that says "Learn Facts". Your done. That's IT!
4. Post to Facebook: Click on the round button to post to FB (when you register, used your facebook) it automatically posts to your FB. You will earn for posting so many posts to FB. That's IT!
5. Post to Twitter: Click on the round button to post to Twitter (I didn't have a Twitter, but I do now. You even get extra points when you tweet so many tweets to Twitter
6. Testify: Click on the Tesify button & just type in something about the product. It doesn't have to be long, even a one word will work. That's IT!
7: How To: Click on the How To button, it may tell you something about the product or about iBotta. (You will see a tab that says "Read the How To: $0.50" When you click on that tab, your pretty much done! That's IT!
You will not have to complete ALL these tasks for every eCoupon, there will be either 2 or 3 per item you want to add to your offers & any one of them take very little time.
I do recommend getting to know the app before you go out and use it. In the top left corner you will see a box that is green with horizontal lines. Tap that box and see the drop down:
Offers: Tapping this will bring you to all the offers available
Store Extras: Here is the place to get more eCoupons for specific stores. I currently have CVS, TARGET & WALMART. These are offers that you can only redeem when purchasing in those stores.
Bonuses: Earn CASH Bonuses for completed different tasks. ie: Friend Boost: Earn $1 for referring a friend. Newbie Bonus: Earn $2 when you redeem at least 2 offers within the first 2 weeks of registering. etc
Redeem: When you make a purchase, tap Redeem, scan your register recipt and then scan the bar code on the product/offer item. Stores will come up and you choose which store you made the purchase at. The next window that comes up is a "camera" you simply line your recipt up with the lines and click on take photo. If your recipt is long, you hit the add button to continue taking pictures of the additional recipt. Next, the bar code window comes up. You align the bar code on the product in the window and it scans automatically.
I usually redeem my offers as soon as I get home from shopping. The items are still out, the recipt is not lost and it only takes a minute to do. The app tells you your recipt will be reviewed and will get confirmation within 24 hours, but I have found that some I will get confirmation within minutes and others within an hour. This couldn't be an easier app to use!
Checklist: This area shows you all the offers you have completed tasks for & makes it easier when you are out shopping to just pull up your checklist.
Withraw Cash: Confirm your email for the first withdraw. Get paid through PayPal or donate.
Activity: This area shows you what you have earned, how you earned it, badges you have earned etc.
Invite Friends: Send invites to your friends and earn more! Send via your contact list, Facebook or Twitter or copy & paste referral link at the bottom into an email and share it with friends. . The more friends you invite, the more bonuses you will unlock! When you complete the bonuses, your account will be credited. Note: It is very important that when your friends sign up, they use your unique referral link. This can be accomplished by clicking on the "Invite Friends" link found on the main menu of the app and you can invite your friends via Facebook, Twitter, your contact list or copy and paste your unique referral link.
Settings & Help: This area has: Help Center, FAQ, Supported Stores, Profile info, Facebook login, Notifications etc.
Final Note: Don't run out and start buying stuff you don't need. Only buy the stuff that you want. Many of the offers will also have a manufacturer coupon that can be stacked, often making items FREE or close to it. Make sure you always check the STORE EXTRAS before going out. You will want to know if there have been updates too, but these offers do show up in your check list area too.
I did notice on someone elses app that if you have updates to your iPhone, for any apps, if you don't update your apps, this app will not work as well, so make sure you iPhone is updated. I think that may be true with any app.